Real Movie Studios
The Movie World Theme Park shares its 168 hectare complex with real active movie studios. Some of the movies produced in these studios are represented by rides in the park. The Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster is an example of this, it was opened in 2002, and the entrance is a replica of the Spooky Island Castle from the movie.
The Thrill Rides
Movie World is famous for it’s comic book themed thrill rides. The Super Man Escape takes rides from 0-100km/h in 2 seconds. It was designed by Werner Stengel, a world famous Roller Coaster Engineer.
Movie World also has a number of family friendly rides and experiences, including the Wild West Falls and the Looney Tunes River Rapids.
The Roller Coasters
Movie World has 5 Roller Coasters, the same number as Dreamworld
- Superman Escape – Accelerates you from 0-100 KM/H in 2 seconds.
- Roadrunner Rollercoaster– A surprisingly fun roller coaster for kids and adults.
- Green Lantern Coaster – Movie World’s newest roller coaster, the steepest coaster in the southern hemisphere.
- Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy – This used to be the Lethal Weapon ride before it was recently rethemed.
- Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster – usually has shorter lines on most days. One of my favourite rides.
Movie World has a total of 16 rides and is situated off the Helensvale Exit on the M1, right next to Wet n Wild Water World
Movie Worlds Best Rides:
- Superman Escape
- Green Lantern
- Batwing Space Shot
- Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster
- Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy
- Wild West Falls
Movie Worlds Best Attractions:
- Hollywood Stunt Driver
- All Star Parade
- Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs in 4D
- Batman Shadows of Gotham Street Show
- Marilyn Tribute